5 Foods that can whiten your teethMarch 28, 2018
We wanted to switch to a lighter topic this week and educate our patients on 5 natural foods that can help whiten your teeth.
1. Strawberries – Strawberries have a natural enzyme called malic acid. This enzyme has a whitening effect and can help whiten your teeth.
2. Apples, Celery, Carrots – These foods not only taste great but also help increase saliva production which acts as a self cleaning property inside the mouth. The fibers in these foods acts as a natural scrubber for whiter teeth.
3. Oranges, pineapples – These delicious fruits helps the mouth create saliva and again helps the mouth wash itself.
4. Yogurt, milk and cheese – Dairy produces lactic acid which helps the teeth protect against decay. These foods also have proteins that help to whiten teeth.
5. Broccoli – This super veggie is high in fiber and a great coarse vegetable that can help scrub your teeth clean. Eat some today!
Margaret Wu DDS. / Jennifer Wu DDS.