TO OUR PATIENTS:
We are so happy to be able to you again- we have missed everyone and are so glad to be able to serve our community again! We are reopening with confidence and commitment to the highest standards of health and safety for our team and patients.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
In an effort to protect our patients and staff, we request that if you or your child have flu or cold-like symptoms such as a cough, congestion, fever, or shortness of breath, or if you have traveled by plane or cruise ship domestically or internationally in the past 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please reschedule your appointment. We require a two-week waiting period for an appointment if you have any symptoms, have traveled out of state or have been in contact with someone who is ill. We also ask that you please come to your appointment by yourself, or if your child is the patient, please have only one asymptomatic guardian accompany the child. Thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Prior to your appointment…
- You will receive a Health Questionnaire / Risk Acknowledgement form digitally via email or text. Please sign and submit this before your appointment.
- Please brush and floss your teeth before coming to the office
- Please bring a mask or face covering as that will be needed to enter the office.
- Our patient restrooms will also be closed unless you have an emergency.
When you arrive at the office…
- Please call to check in with our team before parking. Once you check in, park in the back and remain in your car until a staff member comes to get you.
- Our staff member will greet you from our back entrance, where your temperature will be taken-- if above 100, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Our waiting room will be closed. Parents should remain in the car unless your child is 10 or younger or you are completing a New Patient appt.
- We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use prior to entering the office.
- We will provide you with a mask before entering if you do not have one.
- Your next appointment will be scheduled at checkout.
Infection + Sterilization Protocols…
Everything in the office will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes. Commonly (door knobs, bathrooms, countertops, etc.) will be wiped down every hour. This will help us keep the most sterile environment possible.
We have ordered the following equipment to protect our staff, you and your family:
- Acrylic privacy partitions/dividers between patient chairs in our open bay
- Multiple medical-grade, hyper HEPA filtration units that will filter viruses down to 0.1 micron- they are throughout the office
- Non-ozone UV Air Scrubbers in our HVAC air conditioner system. This UV system uses germicidal light waves to destroy microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses that pass directly through them. We also got new filters.
- Chairside Funnel Filtration Extraoral Suction (This is another hyper HEPA filter machine that has an arm that can extend to above the patient’s mouth and sucks in and filters all particles released during a procedure that can produce some aerosolization. The vacuum is designed to remove and filter out any vapor, microbiological contaminants in the air, bacteria, viruses, chemicals, etc)
- Respirator Masks and Face Shields for Our Staff
- Disposable Gowns and Washable Lab Coats for Staff
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you soon!